Jeff Morris

Default Garmin 176 interface to Raymarine ST60, Seatalk.

Oops - I forgot about that! However, I'm not sure the Wind instrument will use
SOG instead of speed through water, or the gps heading. There's no mention of
it in the manual.

"Frank" wrote in message
Jeff Morris wrote:
Even if you could connect them, would the tri-data show gps info? I think
all it can do with outside info is the "adjust to sog" feature, handy but
minor.

Right - nearly.
He wrote he also has wind instruments.
As far as i know, when you have the GPS data (Speed, Heading) transfered to
SeaTalk, the wind Instuments can display true wind speed and true wind
direction.
I don't have Wind instruments - but I heard it should work.

But anyway - what you need is a bridge between SeaTalk (ST60) and NMEA (
GPS). You need to buy a SeaTalk-Nmea bridge from Raymarine, or if you
would like to try a "Homemade Solution" you could check
http://www.tklinux.de - English

Frank