Frank

Default Garmin 176 interface to Raymarine ST60, Seatalk.

Jeff Morris wrote:
Even if you could connect them, would the tri-data show gps info? I think
all it can do with outside info is the "adjust to sog" feature, handy but
minor.

Right - nearly.
He wrote he also has wind instruments.
As far as i know, when you have the GPS data (Speed, Heading) transfered to
SeaTalk, the wind Instuments can display true wind speed and true wind
direction.
I don't have Wind instruments - but I heard it should work.

But anyway - what you need is a bridge between SeaTalk (ST60) and NMEA (
GPS). You need to buy a SeaTalk-Nmea bridge from Raymarine, or if you
would like to try a "Homemade Solution" you could check
http://www.tklinux.de - English

Frank