Bruce in Alaska

Default ICOM m810 open up for ham bands?

In article ,
Larry W4CSC wrote:

Bruce in Alaska wrote in news:bruceg-
:

Yep, if you do that, the "Magic Smoke" comes out and they don't
work right anymore. It isn't easy to put the smoke back in either.

Bruce in alaska

I have never seen anyone successful at pumping the "Magic Smoke" back into
any electronic component or cabinet, however many have tried in vain....(c;

"Magic Smoke" is much more impressive in transmitters over 10 KW, don't you
agree?

Larry
POWER IS OUR FRIEND!

Had a Gates 15Kw FM take a dump, from over the hill Power Tubes going
flat at 2AM in the snow. Back of the Cabinet was outside building with
the front inside. When I arrived, with the consulting engineer, we found
"Smoking Holes in the snow" where the final parts had been thrown, and
melted down thru the snow. This was a NON-Profit, noncommercial, that
used handmedown finals from the local Tv Station Modulator, and when they
went south they did it in an "Exlosive" fashion. It took us 6 hours to
rebuild all the "Plumbing" and get back on the air with the next set of
"Overtime Tubes". One of my many "Broadcast Stories" from when I was a
kid.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @