Califbill Califbill is offline

Default Maybe he wants to retire

"True North" wrote in message

On Monday, February 11, 2013 6:12:33 PM UTC-4, ESAD wrote:
On 2/11/13 4:52 PM, Wayne B wrote:

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 05:33:59 -0800 (PST), Tim

wrote:

There are several papal contenders in the wings, but no obvious

front-runner as was the case when Benedict was elected pontiff in 2005

after the death of Pope John Paul II.

====

I find it shocking that he did not first check in with us here on

"rec.boats" to get our opinion. How could he ignore such a great

body of collective wisdom?

Marc Ouellet would be an interesting choice, but I think the money is on

Angelo Scola.

A Canadian Pope would be outstanding but I wonder what Johnny and his ilk
would do if one of those darker cardinals from Africa was selected.
Oh my, guess who's coming to dinner.

My wife is Catholic. And she and her friends know it will be another very
conservative Pope. Not a progressive as most Catholics in the US and
probably Central / South America would like. The voting Cardinals are all
ultra conservative. sort of like both our major political parties. At the
extreme ends of the scale.