Jeff Morris

Default Garmin 176 interface to Raymarine ST60, Seatalk.

Even if you could connect them, would the tri-data show gps info? I think all
it can do with outside info is the "adjust to sog" feature, handy but minor.

If you have a radar, you can probably feed the gps data into that and display
waypoint info on the screen, and if a compass (autohelm) is connected, the
waypoint can be displayed overlaid on the radar image. Its a good excuse to
keep the radar in standby mode.

Also, a "multifunction" display may be able to do the conversion while providing
info down below, though as I recall its capabilities are a bit funky and should
be checked carefully.

"DWB" wrote in message
Ok I'd like to connect my new ST 60 Tri-data and Wind speed instruments to
my Garmin 176. I've looked at the Garmin manual and it shows a white data in
and a brown data out, the Raymarine manual has less information. Is it as
simple as connecting the input to the output or is there something needed
in-between? Can anyone point me to a source for how to connect these units?
Any help appreciated.