richg99

Default convert johnson prop to mercury

I previously bought a stainless steel prop for my older 25 hp Johnson.
Actually , I had two SS props for that motor.

I recently traded the Johnson in for a new Mercury 25 hp.One of the SS props
went with the trade-in...the other I still have.

My question is: Can the Johnson SS prop be re-worked to fit the Mercury? I
imagine the insert and the toothed gearing is different for each engine, but
if one can replace the insert ( in the case of a "spun" prop) cannot one
also replace the gearing to fit?? The new Mercury came with serviceable
aluminum prop, but the oyster beds here in
Galveston bay will eat that thing up in a Texas Minute!!!

Thanks for your advice and help. RichG

p.s. I know about the issues of a SS prop creating more stress on the lower
unit. Unless you fish in 9 inches of water over oyster beds, please do not
add your admonitions.