Larry W4CSC

Default ICOM m810 open up for ham bands?

Glenn Ashmore wrote in

Larry W4CSC wrote:

73, Larry W4CharlestonSouthCarolina
(aka WN2IWH, WB4THE, KN4IM...all fine old calls)

How many years did you sit around waiting for the old W4CSC to die
off? :-)

None, really. I was looking for a call to replace the FCC-generated AWFUL
KN4IM. No more calls with N and/or M in them! Way too confusing on the
air. WCSC is Channel 5 TV, here and I have a friend who works there. I
thought it was neat that it was open. My other choice that was open wasn't
an old-time W4 call, but N4SEX, which is also very neat. Well, I got the
best one, Charleston's call....or Clemson or Conway or Cainhoy or Camden or
Clinton, SC...(c; I had a nice golf shirt made up with W4CSC done in the
same letter font as WCSC uses before the ham club was invited to tour the
new WCSC broadcast facility and watch the local newscast live from behind
the cameras. Everyone at the station got a big kick out of my shirt.

I've been meaning to go take a nice picture of the front of the WCSC new
building with the bottom of the big, widebase, radar tower looming over it.
I want to morph a 4 into the WCSC over the front door and have that picture
made up into color QSL cards like it's my ham station...(c; One of many
projects that hasn't been completed....

Larry W4CSC

The original W4CSC died 4 YEARS before I applied for the call. There's
lots of fine old 1X3 original ham calls looking for a new home. I wouldn't
trade it for A4A or W4A or W4DX, those fakey new calls....