Larry W4CSC

Default ICOM m810 open up for ham bands?

(Biffom) wrote in
om:

Jim,

I have a valid license.

An interesting aside is that the antenna tuner (in my case an at130)
needs to briefly transmit in order to tune to the correct frequency.
This brief transmission (activated when the tune button is depressed)
was also blocked. So even though it's legal to listen on these bands
you can never tune the antenna.

Carl.

Callsign:
KG6TOU Class: Technician Codes: HAI USA
Name:
Carl S Midson
Addr1:
4712 Admiralty Way 151
Addr2:
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

(I bet Carl DOESN'T live in a trailer park.)

Country:
USA
Effective:
26 Jan 2004 Expires: 26 Jan 2014
FRN:0010270429

Is this you, Carl? If it is, you're gonna have to UPGRADE that
Technician's license before you get on HF....(c;

Congratulations, by the way, on passing your test! I've been a ham since I
was 11 in...well, er, ah...1957. Hope you have half as much fun on ham
radio as I have in the last 47 years. I was the FIRST ham to legally
transmit the ASCII code the instant it was legalized in the 4th call area.

73, Larry W4CharlestonSouthCarolina
(aka WN2IWH, WB4THE, KN4IM...all fine old calls)

Just for info, anyone can find a hams information from the FCC or the
website
www.qrz.com. It's pub-lick. If you go to:
http://www.qrz.com/detail/KG6TOU
you can even get the map to Carl's house, and his coordinates for your GPS!
Set a waypoint and surprise him some day!...(c;