ian whitcombe

Default Lowrance - X-85 depth finder malfuntioning - HELP !

SNIP

Thanks Rich. Just one more stupid :-) question. When you say the belly
of the transducer pointing downwards what exactly do you mean ?

I've shown my (extremely) crude drawing skills at the following link.
Would you mind telling me which is the correct setting for the
transducer ?

http://www.gothamvillage.co.uk/transducer.gif

Many thanks

Ian.

ian,

out of respect, read the manual, especially pages 9-13. the online version
is at http://www.lowrance.com/Manuals/Files/X7585_91201.pdf if you don't
have one available. Lowrance describes the installation in detail with
fairly simple to understand instructions and photos. Your installation
should look like the photos on page 12

regards

andrew

Thanks for the tip Andrew. I didn't know you could get the manuals
online so that's really helpful. I apologise if I've wasted anyone's
time. I really appreciate the help you have all given me.

Cheers

Ian.