iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default Hey, Wayne

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:25:11 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

I'm really intrigued by the smaller islands in the area and that most of
them are inhabited and WIFI no less! Wonder how one would move there and
make a living.....

===

You have to supply your own infrastructure on the small islands and it
is not inexpensive: Generators, fuel storage, water desalination
equipment, satellite internet, dock, and frequently a small air strip.

There are a few people making a living with some guest cottages and a
bar/restaurant. Others run charter fishing trips, dive boat
operations, golf cart rentals, etc.

So on the smaller islands, it's not *natives" per se, but people going
there and building a business idea? Very interesting to me! Do the
bigger islands that have *native* people have springs, wells, or where
does the water come from?