bruce

Default Make mast into folded monopole for SSB?

Hi
In doing that how do you provide a more direct path to ground for
lightning protection?
Hmm maybe it wouldnt matter, if the SSB was unplugged during times of
lightning. Then again, could a copper plate thrown over the side for
lightning protection also serve as the ground for the transmitter?

cheers
bruce

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:21:54 +0000, Albert P. Belle
Isle wrote:

It would seem that a 40+ foot aluminum mast with a grounded bottom just
calls out for a wire from its top, parallel to it, down to a deck-level
feedpoint with a tuner.

Does anyone have any experience trying to do this? Was it any better than
the typical weakening of your backstay with insulators? (I have a B&R rig,
so I don't even have a backstay, anyway. With my very full roach main, I
don't think a copper pseudobackstay will fit, either.)

Fair winds
Al
s/v Persephone