posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
David L. Martel[_3_] David L. Martel[_3_] is offline

Default Is draining the block enough to keep it from cracking....?

Star-Brite makes a number of anti-freeze products. While you are correct
about the freezing point of propylene glycol/water mixes, Star Brite has
other
additives. The MSDS for the -100 deg formula is here.

http://www.starbrite.com/msdssheets/...ds-8-17-06.pdf

Note that the product contains 93% propylene glycol with no water so your
chart may not be applicable

They market a -200 deg product as well. I bet they work as advertised
though I've no experience with their products.

Dave M.