iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default If you thought...

In article , lid says...

On 1/17/2013 7:43 AM, Salmonbait wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 19:58:13 -0800, thumper wrote:

On 1/16/2013 11:27 AM, Salmonbait wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:09:27 -0800, thumper wrote:

On 1/14/2013 5:57 AM, Salmonbait wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:08:32 -0800, thumper wrote:

On 1/12/2013 7:02 AM, Salmonbait wrote:

I should have said, "What did your sister expect when she allowed her daughter to go on a weekend
trip with a Baptist church group - no religion?"

There's that binary thinking again. There's a difference between
presenting information in a comfortable environment and more intense
coercion involving threats. Baptists tend toward the latter from my
limited experience.

All decisions are the result of binary thinking. Why do you denigrate it?

My criticism of your binary thinking refers to your rhetorical tactic of
presenting circumstances as an either/or choice between two polar
opposites. The real world is seldom that simple. There are usually
more than two choices and the possible situations usually span a wide
spectrum.

But the decision always boils down to a binary process.

Another oversimplification.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantization_error

Analog to digital conversion is not under discussion.

Decision-making is a binary process.

I thought you had a math background. If the goal of the decision
process is accuracy the analogy has some merit. The universe is analog
in nature down to the quantum level. When you use a 1 bit converter the
statistical result is a large error. The more bits the less distortion.

There is a technique to increase accuracy with a 1 bit converter by
rapidly dithering but I don't think you want to go there.

You are conversing with a very narrow minded individual, you know...