Jürgen Spelter

Default battery charger voltage query

Hi AD,
take a look at the data sheet or instruction manual of that charger, you
want to buy with your new drill. Some chargers have a wide area of voltage,
because they are sold all over the world. The modern chargers use switching
power sypply and the it is no problem to built them for for voltages between
60 and 240 V.

I´m planning to use my old cordless drill on my boat too. Because I have
only battery power supply, I´m going to connect the drill directly to my 12
V power. Maybe that`s another idea for you. Drill voltage must be the same
as onboard voltage and the cordless drill gets a cord. That cord will make
only problems on a ship of some 100 m og length....

Jürgen

"AD" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi all,

looking to replace my cordless drill on the boat with something a bit
better. I am looking at a panasonic and have found the prices extremely
cheap in the US but I need to get the charger to work with 240 volts not
110volts. Is it possible to modify a battery charger to do this or would

need to use a step up type voltage converter?

TIA

AD