bowgus

Default battery charger voltage query

My understanding ... you want to buy a 110 to use with 240? If so, you want
to step down from 240 to 110. If it was me, and it was for a boat, I'd get a
transformer to do that for me ... that way I could accomodate various 110
equipments. For example, when I was in Australia ... at a Radio Shack there,
I could have aquired a (step down) transformer to accomodate my 110 stuff (I
got by by asking around and borrowing).

"AD" wrote in message
Hi all,

looking to replace my cordless drill on the boat with something a bit
better. I am looking at a panasonic and have found the prices extremely
cheap in the US but I need to get the charger to work with 240 volts not
110volts. Is it possible to modify a battery charger to do this or would

need to use a step up type voltage converter?

TIA

AD