Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Poor Captain Skippy - his boat might never sail again.

On Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:52:19 PM UTC-5, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
I recently learned that, due to the fact the "Flying Pig" has been

on the hard for so long, when the building inspector was making

the rounds he couldn't help noticing how the Pig had become a

permanent structure so the inspector declared the Pig to be an

historical monument.

As you all know, historical monuments acquire a certain 'status'

that renders them unable to be moved from the place where they

were declared historical. So it will take reams of paperwork,

thousands of dollars, a team of lawyers and a special dispensation

to release the "Flying Pig" from her historical monument status she

has so richly earned due to her extreme longevity in a boat yard for

transients.

--

Sir Gregory

It's feeling so much like home that we're going to move back on her in a few days. Nothing but the nits; we even got the thru-hull we rebedded bottom painted today. Reefer and freezer right on spec temps, and the spaces are getting cleared of tools.

We think we can trump the NHR with a lunar high tide in a couple of weeks :{))

I discovered that I have several hundred pictures since my last session; I have over 20 different project folders open awaiting my review and massage before I put them up - which gives you an idea of what we've been up to for the last several months. Bunches of little stuff turning up as we touch each connection, fixture, hose and the like, but it's better to have a shorebound shakedown than to discover those little things out at sea, IMHO. We're pleased.

Thanks for thinking of me. All the best to those still alive on rbc; next post likely will be of the wrapup, as there's entirely too much to do to make the photos happen in the next couple of days.

L8R, y'all,

Skip, wishing you all a great 2013