Larry W4CSC

Default 2 kw radarbeam

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:24:25 -0500, "Jack Painter"
wrote:

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
Hee hee....funny you should mention that, Bruce......

Ol' Larry whips out his radiation counter from a nearby bin, passes it
over the tube guts and declares it non-radioactive....sweeps it up and
dumps it in the sh!tcan.....(c;

/
I didn't have the heart to tell him NONE of the tube PARTS is
radioactive....just the gas that WAS in it before he broke it. The
gas was gone so it was a non-issue.....(c;

/
I don't know where NAV gets these crazy, paranoid ideas.....(sigh)

Larry, very funny story! ...but not at all accurate w/r to detection of
radioactive material, the type and emissions of which your "geiger counter"
was never designed to detect.

Which type of emissions is that? The Synctillation counter I had was
the same one used on nuke subs at the time. Are there quarks or
exotic isotopes of Cornucopium radiating from plain old thyratrons??

While we could have played similar games with inspectors, the weapons and
propulsion engineers that inspected my old missile submarine would probably
have missed the humour. ;-)

Our ship was powered by sweat and bunker C oil you had to boil before
you could spray it into the 1945 boilers. We had some clocks with
radium dials, though...(c;

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!