iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default "...a sad day..."

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 13:50:43 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 09:19:33 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,

says...

And maybe the games and movies have little or nothing to do with it.

At that point you have to start questioning the value of "educational
TV" too. Maybe Big Bird is a waste of money.

"Educational TV" is nothing more that a cheap baby-sitter.

Yeah, who do those lefties think they are, wanting their kids to be
learnin'.......

You folks do like having things both ways.

Your kids only learn good things from watching TV, never anything bad.

I'm sorry, just where did I say that?

So you are saying violent TV and movies may promote violent activity.
Welcome aboard.

No, I'm not. You are getting like Harry now, telling people what they
think, feel and know. But if a child can learn something, I think they
should learn it. Because a certain program is formatted FOR that child
learning, that doesn't mean that every violent program is formatted for
that child to learn violence. That would be akin to let's say, a math
teacher teaching math. What if that teacher is also a martial artist.
Does that necessarily mean that the math teacher is teaching his
students martial arts? Of course not, but that' how silly you are
sounding.