ESAD ESAD is offline

Default "...a sad day..."

On 12/25/12 3:10 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 08:46:50 -0500, ESAD wrote:

On 12/24/12 10:36 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 21:45:34 -0500, ESAD wrote:

Violent video games. violent music, violent movies, et cetera, are
readily available and have been for many years in most, if not all, the
western democracies. Yet, it is Americans who seem the most violent and
into gunplay.

I think we are just a more violent culture although the rest of the
democracies are catching up. Maybe those games and movies are
affecting them too.

And maybe the games and movies have little or nothing to do with it.

At that point you have to start questioning the value of "educational
TV" too. Maybe Big Bird is a waste of money.

My guess is that it is easier to instill and reinforce decent behavior
and values through Sesame Street programming than it is to turn "normal
people" violent through video games. Nice try, though.