Eisboch[_8_] Eisboch[_8_] is offline

Default "...a sad day..."

wrote in message ...

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 14:48:01 -0500, ESAD wrote:

My recollection is that 17th & G is an area of mostly federal office
buildings these days.

G street dead ends into EOB on the east and is commercial going west.
AAA was on the SW corner. There was a parking lot and then our school.
The rest of the block was the YMCA. We were in the original YMCA
building before they built the 2 new ones. The Pa ave side block was a
collection of multi story offices with small businesses on the street
level.

Is this New Haven, CT? If so, that original YMCA must have been the
one that I took lessons and got SCUBA certified in 1966.
It was through a club called, "The Yankee Paddlers". Course was
given by ex-Navy divers, (renamed Navy Seals in 1961).