iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default Generator

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:06:15 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

The biggest limitation I see with camping is you are pretty much
limited to where you are willing to drive.
Sometimes we are up to the maximum of 3 bags each, on a 3 week fly
drive vacation the way it is. I am usually just my big duffel bag and
a cooler but my wife packs heavy, particularly coming home.

Really? You can hike to the AT trail for a few days at a time and never
see a vehicle.

That's great if you think the east coast of the US is the only place
you want to see but we like hiking around out west. I have been on the
AT a number of times but the scenery doesn't really change that much
from Georgia to Pennsylvania.

Well, I've also hiked the Pacific Coast Trail, spent two weeks
backpacking in Yellowstone, and in my teens spent a summer in Yosemite.
I find it funny that you don't think the scenery changes much from GA to
PA. I guess you really didn't notice much. That may be your trouble, you
need to take the time to look, learn and appreciate.