iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default Generator

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 13:43:48 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

Our experience is the rental SUV gets us within hiking distance of
just about anything we want to see and then we go back to a nice
hotel, take a hot shower and eat dinner in a nice restaurant.

When I see how much money people spend on camping, I think we get off
cheaper.

Well, if you are not already set up for easy camping, yes it does cost.
But I already have everything.

The biggest limitation I see with camping is you are pretty much
limited to where you are willing to drive.
Sometimes we are up to the maximum of 3 bags each, on a 3 week fly
drive vacation the way it is. I am usually just my big duffel bag and
a cooler but my wife packs heavy, particularly coming home.

Really? You can hike to the AT trail for a few days at a time and never
see a vehicle.