iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default Generator

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

On Monday, December 24, 2012 12:48:24 PM UTC-4, BAR wrote:
In article ,

says...

On Monday, December 24, 2012 11:14:53 AM UTC-4, BAR wrote:

In article ,

says...

On Monday, December 24, 2012 9:21:26 AM UTC-4, BAR wrote:

In article ,

says...

On Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:01:51 PM UTC-4, Eisboch wrote:

"GuzzisRule" wrote in message

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:32:14 -0500, JustWait

wrote:

On 12/23/2012 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or

had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary,

emergencies.

Oooops, missed he "camping trips" part. Your camp neighbors are

gonna'

hate you for running a contractors genny at the campsite.. Just

sayin'..

At those kinds of campgrounds, electricity is available - wouldn't

need a generator. If camping in a

place where a generator is needed - like off the highway in Canada

somewhere - anyone else around

will be using their generator also.

-------------------------------

Nope. You are wrong. There are electricity-less campsites but they

are typically favored by people who want to truly connect with nature.

They go there to get away from noise, not to microwave hotdogs or run

a coffee maker.

Bingo!

A lot of people like to camp the old simple way ..maybe with a Coleman lantern and stove.

Here's my credit card, where is my room. I had enough camping in shelter

halves and all-weather sleeping bags.

Although my wife isn't interested in camping, I could, and have, slept in the back of a stationwagon. Funny...before I bought my last 2 new vehicles, I crawled in back to see if I could sleep in the cargo area if required.

With the back seats down it's a tight fit in the back of the RAV4...laying kitty corner.

You should have bought a man's vehicle like my F150 5.4L V8 SuperCrew.

One person can sleep in the front seat and another can sleep in the back

seat.

Duh!

Since the last time I actually did sleep out in the back of my Dodge Aspen stn Wagon was the day Princess Diana was killed, I would have wasted a lot of expensive gas since then.

I just like to have the capacity if required.

Dodge Aspen? Why did you ever buy a Dodge Aspen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Aspen

Because I could.
At the time I also looked at the new Honda Accord but was still leery of Japanese cars. Guess I made a mistake there.

We had a Datsun 1200 Sedan. It lasted for about 13 years, over 300,000
miles and it had its oil change once or twice. It was tuned up once or
twice just keep filling it with gas and it would go forever.

I got in the Datsun game too early! Don't remember what model it was,
bought used, but it had carb problems upon carb problems. Hell, bought a
brand new carb after putting two used ones on, and the new one was no
better. Asked the guy at the parts store and he said he sold those
things on a daily basis. Second Datsun, a 74 B210 was a much better
car!! We won't even talk about the 69 VW sedan with automatic tranny.
Engine ran fine, tranny not so much!