iBoaterer[_2_] iBoaterer[_2_] is offline

Default Generator

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 17:58:04 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"GuzzisRule" wrote in message
.. .

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 12:43:11 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 11:27:44 -0500, GuzzisRule
wrote:

Supposedly, this one is 'Super Quiet', with a 70 dB noise level. If
I use it at home, it would be
only for a few absolute necessities - with time management. I
primarily wanted something I could
throw in the pickup for camping trips where electricity isn't
available.

===

70 dB is not super quiet, not at all.

These are reasonably quiet at 53 to 59 dB depending on load level:

http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/Honda-EU1000IKC-Portable-Generator/p6548.html

70dB is approximately 10 times louder than 59 dB.

Even the small Hondas get annoying after awhile but at 29 pounds are
easy to carry and load into a truck.

....and cost almost ten times as much! Hell, I'm ex-military, not
ex-hedge fund manager or writer
for a union rag.

John, the point is that if you are thinking of it for camping use
.... and plan to stay at public campgrounds ... they are most likely
not going to allow use of a generator like that. It's too noisy and
an annoyance to other campers. You might not mind, but others will
definitely complain. Heck, I remember back when we were into the RV
thing for a while. Campsites didn't like you running the generator
that came with the camper.

Apparently my camping use got overlooked. I wouldn't be using it at campgrounds where electricity is
available, but where I'm either alone or with others on a generator. I've never, while in
campgrounds in the US, had a need for a generator.

Friends who've traveled with their trailers to Alaska had need of a generator, both while
boondocking alongside the road and in some of the Alaskan campgrounds.

Hell, I won't even play a radio outside in the campgrounds we frequent!

That's odd, I've camped all over the U.S. in all kinds of weather and
did so perfectly fine without a generator or electricity. But then
again, I actually camp, as opposed to just moving to a different
location with all of the amenities of my home. I don't need a microwave,
electric coffee maker, etc. to have a good experience.