ESAD ESAD is offline

Default Generator

On 12/23/12 4:58 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 12/23/2012 3:28 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:00:54 -0500, GuzzisRule
wrote:

I'm thinking of new batteries for the truck before much longer. Any
reason you particularly like the
Diehard you referenced? They're expensive as hell, and made by the
same company that makes WalMart,
Costco, and other batteries.

===

The reason why the 31M Diehard Platinums are so expensive is because
they are AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) technology. It's the latest and
greatest for long term durability in heavy duty, deep cycle usage.
Unless you deep cycle your truck battery, probably not worth the
expense. For inverter batts however, yes. The Diehards come with a
very good warranty of course, and are spill proof. They are also
available on sale from time to time which makes them a bit more
reasonable.

I just replaced an 8D diesel engine starting battery (155 lbs, $325)
with a pair of the AGM 31Ms in parallel (75 lbs each). The 31Ms are
much easier for my wife to lift over the engine. :-) I've been
averaging about 2 years of life out of the 8Ds so the AGMs will
eventually pay for themselves if I can get an extra year or two out of
them.

Could you run a small cabin heater all night long with one of those
batteries?

No. Maybe 15-20 minutes. You want electric power all night, you want a
small generator.