gatt

Default Tow vehicle opinions - Ford 4.0L V6

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

No offense, but the Chrysler Jeep products are at the bottom of the
quality heap.

Beg pardon.

I have one of the first '97 TJ Wranglers built. It's a 4-banger with
140,000 miles on it, it's been tipped over, driven through door-deep mud,
smashed up against rocks and everything, been used as both a commuter and a
hardcore offroader, and it has never been into a repair shop outside of the
old 30,000 mile warrantee. It ain't for sale.

Everybody told me to avoid Jeeps because they suck, but mine has not failed
me at all except once when the oil pressure sending unit broke off. $30
fix. I broke the front U-joint once bouncing across a boulder and tore out
the rear brake line climbing a dry waterfall. Replaced the radiator after
realizing I hadn't flushed it in over 120,000 miles. So in 140,000 miles
I've put about $300 into it in non-routine maintenance and repair.

I love my jeep and it's by far the most reliable and satisfactory vehicle
I've ever owned. The only vehicle I would possibly consider trading it in
for is the new Rubicon uber-jeep.

-gatt