GuzzisRule GuzzisRule is offline

Default Generator

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 12:43:11 -0500, Wayne.B wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 11:27:44 -0500, GuzzisRule
wrote:

Supposedly, this one is 'Super Quiet', with a 70 dB noise level. If I use it at home, it would be
only for a few absolute necessities - with time management. I primarily wanted something I could
throw in the pickup for camping trips where electricity isn't available.

===

70 dB is not super quiet, not at all.

These are reasonably quiet at 53 to 59 dB depending on load level:

http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/Honda-EU1000IKC-Portable-Generator/p6548.html

70dB is approximately 10 times louder than 59 dB.

Even the small Hondas get annoying after awhile but at 29 pounds are
easy to carry and load into a truck.

.....and cost almost ten times as much! Hell, I'm ex-military, not ex-hedge fund manager or writer
for a union rag.