JustWait[_2_] JustWait[_2_] is offline

Default Generator

On 12/23/2012 12:43 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 11:27:44 -0500, GuzzisRule
wrote:

Supposedly, this one is 'Super Quiet', with a 70 dB noise level. If I use it at home, it would be
only for a few absolute necessities - with time management. I primarily wanted something I could
throw in the pickup for camping trips where electricity isn't available.

===

70 dB is not super quiet, not at all.

I was comparing to other portable generators... Like I said, mine is in
the low eighties, but it's a 6000.

These are reasonably quiet at 53 to 59 dB depending on load level:

http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/Honda-EU1000IKC-Portable-Generator/p6548.html

70dB is approximately 10 times louder than 59 dB.

Even the small Hondas get annoying after awhile but at 29 pounds are
easy to carry and load into a truck.

Yeah, but you can stand next to one of those EU1's and have a normal
conversation. You can even sleep with one say, 30+ feet away but it
costs a lot to have that luxury...