Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Generator

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:26:49 -0500, GuzzisRule
wrote:

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary, emergencies.

===

To be honest with you, I don't think you're going to like it very
much, although probably OK for emergency use at the house once in a
while if you and your neighbors can tolerate the (considerable) noise.
You'll need a professional electrician to get it connected properly.

For camping it is much too heavy and noisy. For camping I'd suggest
an inverter connected to a second battery which you can connect into
your truck's 12 volt system for recharging.

For the second battery the Sears 31M platinum Diehard would be a good
choice. There are lots of inverter options but something like this
would be big enough to run a small microwave for a few minutes:

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|328|936|1719194&id=1719099

You need short, very heavy cables (#2 wire or bigger) between the
battery and inverter.