F330 GT

Default gas tank question

A near-full 12 gallon tank will weigh near 75-80 pounds -- possibly a
little problematic hefting around during refueling procedures. Just a
thought....

JG

"F330 GT" wrote in message
And why would you have to take it out of the boat for refueling?

Barry

You ARE kidding, right?

Rob
*
*
*

Nope, not kidding at all. And I don't think I need any refresher boating
courses as JG suggested. But thanks for asking.

I've got a "red" auxiliary 18 gallon tank for my 13' Boston Whaler. It's made
to fit in the rear of the boat and spans the width of about 5'. If I took it
out and set it on the ground at a gas station to fill it, I'd never get it back
in the boat. Never heard of such nonsense.

Those "red" auxiliary tanks are made large enough to hold over 40 gallons.as I
recall. You gonna lift 350 lbs and put it in your boat? Not me.

Removing a portable tank may be a good idea and I would do it if practical, but
I can't say I've ever heard it was the law. I could be wrong.

Barry