Rusty O

Default Need technical info on RayMarine Rudder Reference Unit

Steve,

The blue lead is the common wire. The fixed resistance between the green and
red wires is 5.23K Ohms.

Resistance between the green and blue wires:
Wheel turned full to port - 3.34K Ohms
Wheel turned to center - 2.75K Ohms
Wheel turned full to starboard - 2.24K Ohms

Resistance between the red and blue wires:
Wheel turned full to port - 2.08K Ohms
Wheel turned to center - 2.67K Ohms
Wheel turned full to starboard - 3.20K Ohms

My steering system has +-36° of rudder motion with the feedback sensor set
up to Raytheon's suggested dimensions.

I have not calibrated the steering system or verified the center of the
sensor yet. According to these tests I'm off a little. The center seems to
be about 2.70K Ohms from green to blue and from red to blue. I get these
balanced readings with the wheel turn a little to starboard of center.

Rusty O