Mark

Default Battery Life question

Messing In Boats wrote:
I'll find out soon whether it brings them back, as I'm trailering it
from COLD Minnesota to WARM Florida in two weeks.

Battery capacity will be higher in Florida, capacity is
temperature-dependent.

From Trojan website:

"How does temperature affect the performance of my batteries?
At higher temperatures (above 77oF) battery capacity generally
increases, usually at the cost of battery life. Higher temperatures
also increase the self-discharge characteristic. Colder temperatures
(below 77oF) will lower battery capacity and prolong battery life.
Cooler temperatures will slow self-discharge. Therefore, operating
batteries at temperatures at or slightly below 77oF will optimize both
performance and life."

"How do I determine my battery capacity when it is colder/hotter?
Battery capacity is basically a linear relationship. A good rule of
thumb is that for every 15oF above 77oF, capacity is increased by 10%
and for every 15oF below 77oF, capacity is reduced by 10%."