Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Good video of boats in big breaking waves

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:49:13 -0500, wrote:

I am not quite sure why the guys in the pictures don't have more power
on the prop. If you look in the background, that really just looks
like standing waves in the inlet.

===

From the looks I don't think they are high powered boats, probably
heavy displacement hulls made for carrying a lot of fish like our
local shrimp boat fleet at Fort Myers Beach. Even if you do have the
power, one of the risks is coming over the crest too fast and stuffing
your bow down into the trough. If the bow digs in too deep and a
wave picks up under the stern, the whole boat can pitch pole end over
end. That will definitely ruin your entire day.