Dean Sensui

Default Garmin 182C to Mac OS X

Harlan....

For your purposes you'll want more than just a coastal outline. You'll
need depth soundings, nav aids and any notations regarding restricted
areas.

The BSB charts should suit your needs and they will work with GPSy
Pro. At GPSy's bundled price of $20 it looks like it's a good deal for
a CD with a long list of charts:

http://www.gpsy.com/maps/REGION1.TXT

This might include the areas you're interested in. If it does, then
this is a pretty good deal. You'll be able to plot out a course, I
think, and upload the waypoints into your Garmin unit.

Hope this helps!
Dean.

Harlan Lachman wrote in message .net...
Dean:

Sorry to keep this going. But the 182C uses data cards. I don't think
one can upload charts oneself (although I don't know that). Most places
sell preprogramed data cards. I have chips with the charts I want on
them.

What I don't have is the same charts for my Mac.

Harlan
In article , Dean Sensui