Harlan Lachman

Default Garmin 182C to Mac OS X

Dean thanks for trying to be helpful. Could you explain in a little
more detail what you mean. Sorry I am so ill informed.

What does it mean to need to calibrate a chart (why, how, what skills)?
Why would I want these charts if they are not useful to GPSPRo? Where
does onge get a calibrated USGS map that can work with GPSPro?

Will the provider of those charts have a person available by phone to
help guide one in using their charts for the first time?

TIA,

Harlan

In article , Dean
Sensui wrote:

I'm using GPSPro to create routes and upload them into my Garmin GPS
Map 76. I found some useful map data for free he

http://historicals.ncd.noaa.gov/cm_vs_query.asp

These charts appear to be calibrated. However this data isn't useful
to GPSPro. It's not hard to calibrate them manually, but you need to
have precise lat/lon info for specific locations on the chart. I used
a calibrated USGS map to help with that.

Good luck!
Dean.

Harlan Lachman wrote in message
.net...
Does anyone recommend a solution that allows reading digital charts on
my TiBook with Mac OS X 10.2.8, plotting courses, and then sending the
routes to my Garmin 182C?

I own the power/data cable and a keyspan 19QW USB to serial port
connector which looks to fit.

The GPSY Pro software does not list the 182C as a compatable unit.

The folks at James Associates, makers of Map GPS Pro were unable to
recommend to me an afforable source of digital nautical charts
compatible with Macs and their software (Tiff, Jpeg, pdf).

I am hoping to take advantage of the bigger screen on my laptop and
ease of using a mouse to facilitate course plotting.
TIA,
harlan

--
Tro respond, obviously drop the nospam!