Danny

Default Maptech Offshore Navigator

"envision" wrote in message
The issue is a new file format delivered from Maptech. In response,

Nobeltec
will not invest the R&D $ to change their own program in order to read

it.
The same is true with the new NDI charts for Canada.

That is not true. Nobeltec will be supporting BSB 4.0 along with all of

the
new NDI charts. Too many people want them because they are the best,
period.

Sorry Envision: This is from from Nobeltec's tech support department. You
can view it on their own NG:

"Nobeltec has no plans, at this time, to support any chart
manufactures using BSB 4.0. As for P3, we are releasing Transas TX97
format in WF22. Our digitizing department is still developing P3
charts. You can excpect to see the NCX Vector Format (Nobeltec's
proprietary format) in the near future. We rely on customer input to
measure the importance in creating a region. The more people that
demand P3, the faster it will get done. I'll be sure to express your
concern for wanting region P3.

If you require further assistance, reply or contact technical support.

Myron Blake
Technical Support
Nobeltec
(503)579-1414"