Paul

Default RADAR CHOICE - JRC 1000/1500, Furuno 1623, Raymarine SL72

I am also happy with my Raymarine setup: a RL70CRC @ the navstation, and a
RL80CRC @ the helm (these units networked together, sharing a 4KW radome
mounted on the mast). I, too, was disappointed with the dimmest backlight
setting, until I discovered the "night" mode. This uses a dimmer / redder
color palette, and it is well suited for night use. The day/night mode is
selected through the main menu.

Regards,
Paul -- s/v VALIS

"Rodney Myrvaagnes" wrote in message
I am happy with the Raymarine after 2 and a half seasons. I had no
complaints with the previous Furuno 1720, but that was a much older
technology. I chose the Raymarine on the basis of Practical Sailor
comparisons.

My one criticism is that the screen backlight should go dimmer than it
does for its last step above off.