[email protected] threepontoon@live.com is offline

Default Black Friday for Walmart ?

On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:40:04 PM UTC-5, BAR wrote:
In article ,

says...

On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:56:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 04:36:54 -0800 (PST), Tim

I won't attend. now matter what they want to give away to get people

in the door.

Neither will I. The whole idea is dumb but they still have people

lined up around the block for these things.

I'll be drinking coffee and reading the paper.

Funny, we have some Indian contract developers here that are excited about going. They are planning to buy laptops and tablets and are going to ship them back home. They say that electronics are much cheaper here than in India, and it's worth it to them.

I remember being in Tokyo about twenty years ago, and thinking I'd buy a new 35mm camera. Got the sticker shock of my life! Far less expensive to buy one in the states than over there, at least in the camera shops I checked.

I wish them luck clearing customs.

The customs they have to clear is India's. They have travelled and bought stuff before, so I suppose they know how to curry the palms to get the stuff through.