Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Black Friday for Walmart ?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:29:41 -0500, JustWait
wrote:

On 11/20/2012 10:56 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 04:36:54 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Nov 19, 8:15 pm, wrote:
On 20 Nov 2012 01:51:13 GMT, harry wrote:

Is a nationwide strike in the offing ?

Probably in California and maybe another blue state or two.
Most of those people will like the extra hours

I won't attend. now matter what they want to give away to get people
in the door.

Neither will I. The whole idea is dumb but they still have people
lined up around the block for these things.

It occurred to me the other day that folks who can afford to sit out
camping for two days to save 500 bucks on a wide screen tv, probably
don't need the 500 bucks anyway

My ex and her family (probably 20 of them) will all meet tonight at one
house with their sale papers and want lists and spread out over the
state to different stores with their collective lists of this and that
and hold their place in line. "You go to Walmart and be first in line,
grab three of those TV's." "You and you go to this place and get the
Camera for Mom and uncle harry". Trust me, they will push your mama out
of line for that TV save let the rest of the family down... and like I
noted above, not one of them "needs" to save a few bucks on any of it...

===

One of our local papers ran a story several days ago about people who
were already camped out in the Best Buy parking lot. Another person,
who they interviewed for the story, made the observation that there
wasn't anything in the whole store that was worth camping out in the
parking lot for 5 days.

For some people it just becomes a challenge.