John Smith

Default Battery switch.

Calm down old man. He has asked for some advice.

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
NEVER, EVER MOVE THE BATTERY SWITCH WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING......

or bad things will happen..........

Switching ground in this manner is idiotic at least, negligent or
dangerous at most. STUPID comes to mind, also.

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 01:05:05 GMT, "Henry" wrote:

I recently bought an O'day 27 and have come across a surprise in the

wiring
of the battery switch.

This is the usual 1,2, both or off.

The two batteries are wired with their positives strapped together, and

the
negatives disappear separately into the switch.
All positives are taken from the deep cycle battery, including the

starter.

Tomorrow I intend to remove the switch with a view to rewiring in a more
conventional way.

Can anyone speculate on why the wiring should be as it is. Also, is there
anything I should know to prevent blowing the alternator?

Thanks in anticipation

Henry

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....