Henry

Default Battery switch.

NEVER, EVER MOVE THE BATTERY SWITCH WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING......

Switching ground in this manner is idiotic at least, negligent or
dangerous at most. STUPID comes to mind, also.

Yes I know. We all know. In fact I have training and some experience in
electronics, but not marine electrics.

That is why I was asking for assistance.

I did not say that I intended to move the battery switch while the engine
was running, although my switch can be safely moved provided it is not
turned off.

I was hoping for sensible advice, and calling me stupid is not called for.

If anyone has anything useful to say, I would value opinions.

That's another one for my block list!

Henry