Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default STUCK!! (no, not aground!) - OT

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:18:37 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

Um, and his *trawler* has no mast (or, if it has a riding sail, the mast is
so short a fall from the top would likely only result in bruised pride).
What makes him comfortable is a non sequitur. He proffered advice
as if he were some sort of safety expert.

===

I sailed 3 to 4,000 miles a year for over 30 years, on many different
boats, and have gone aloft just about every way that it is possible to
do so, including free climbing. Based on that experience I feel
somewhat qualified to offer an opinion or two, and I stand by my
original assertion.

And I stand by my rebuttal. I think it was necessary to stand up for
individual freedom and initiative. I never have lived my life via committee
and I never shall. Furthermore, I feel am more qualified than you are to speak
out on the safety issues of ascending the mast because I never retired from a
man's vessel into what amounts to a sea-going truck. I climbed my mast just
hours ago using the folding steps and no safety lines/harness/belay and
suffered no ill.

--
Sir Wilbur