Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default STUCK!! (no, not aground!) - OT

"paulthomascpa" wrote in message
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

As for being dangerous to go aloft on, I disagree. One needs no safety line
tailed by somebody on deck. Why, that's ludicrous from a single-hander's
standpoint. We strive to be independent of some lubberly committee action.
It sure is ludicrous that sailors are willing to accept the lie that it
takes a committee to make one's way safely to the masthead.

If it makes him feel more comfortable having someone there, then so be it.
Who are you to tell him that he can't have someone there? It may not be any
more or less safe, but it's his boat, and his mast.

Maybe if for no other reason than for someone to dial 911 when the body hits
the deck.

Did I tell him he can't have someone there? I suggest you read with
comprehension next time around.

Um, and his *trawler* has no mast (or, if it has a riding sail, the mast is
so short a fall from the top would likely only result in bruised pride).
What makes him comfortable is a non sequitur. He proffered advice
as if he were some sort of safety expert. I set him straight as his advice
was public. I did not hesitate to point out that his concern for safety was
not my concern.

--
Sir Wilbur