paulthomascpa paulthomascpa is offline

Default STUCK!! (no, not aground!) - OT

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote
As for being dangerous to go aloft on, I disagree. One needs no safety
line tailed by somebody on deck. Why, that's ludicrous from a
single-hander's standpoint. We strive to be independent of some lubberly
committee action. It sure is ludicrous that sailors are willing to accept
the lie that it takes a committee to make one's way safely to the
masthead.

If it makes him feel more comfortable having someone there, then so be it.
Who are you to tell him that he can't have someone there? It may not be any
more or less safe, but it's his boat, and his mast.

Maybe if for no other reason than for someone to dial 911 when the body hits
the deck.