Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default STUCK!! (no, not aground!) - OT

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Yesterday afternoon I had my followup to my heart catheterization.

Looks like Wilbur was right - the doc said that there was NOTHING to report.

Wilbur is right more often than not! :-)

When I pressed him about obstructions, he said "a little - nothing to be
concerned about" - so I pressed him harder.

"I had over 50% on the right side (the left being the one with the stents).
How's that look?"
"Lessee - about 30 %."
"Was that from taking my statins all this time?"
"Yup"
"So, by inference, if I keep this up for another few years, there will be
NOTHING?"
"Yes, that's right."

YAY!!

Earlier, the tech who took my vitals and verified what was going on with me
currently had asked if I took my statins at night. I said it was right
before I went to bed.

Good news, as statins work best when you're at rest. I hadn't known, just
did it that way after rinsing my toothbrushing.

My doctor told me last visit that CrestorŽ (generic - rosuvastatin), in a
recent study, has been determined to be equally as effective taken any time.
I asked because, taken at night as he had previously prescribed, it was
causing me to have a lot of gas and some indigestion effects like a 'sour'
feeling stomach. I now take my statins in the morning with the rest of my meds
and supplements which seems to have negated those adverse side effects
probably because they aren't taken on an empty stomach.

So, I celebrated with a bowl of ice cream after dinner :{))

Double YAY! I think I'll have a beer to celebrate

Wilbur Hubbard