Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Flux Compass input to radar??

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:21:24 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

I checked and double checked and the cable is correct.. I have a feeling
there is some undocumented setting in the Flux Gate that needs to be set for
NMEA output.

I'm trying to figure a way to hook this Flux gate up to the laptop so I can
look for the data output in hyperterm.

Steve ;o((
s/v Good Intentions

Send it to the serial port and use a modem program. I logged several
NMEA sentences at once with a multiplexer that way until lightning
destroyed the multiplexer.

Then you can see if it is sending the expected sentence.

Of course, if you have another device that looks for that particular
sentence, that would be less trouble.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Be careful. The toe you stepped on yesterday may be connected to the ass you have to kiss today." --Former mayor Ciancia