bruce

Default RADAR CHOICE - JRC 1000/1500, Furuno 1623, Raymarine SL72

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:07:37 +0000, BinaryBillThesailor wrote:

On 5 Feb 2004 10:03:42 -0800, (Rob) wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a small radar for my replica 22m dutch barge. It will be
mainly used on inland waterways in Europe and coastal waters - Baltic,
Agean, Med etc plus Channel crossings. Narrowed choice of small radars
down to the above listed - would appreciate comments and experience.

TVMIA

JRC 1000 is discontinued. The Furuno 1623 is better in a number of ways.
For openers, the Furuno display is MUCH easier to see.

BB

damn, i'm just about to buy one (in the next few days), they are still in
abundance here in NZ. Any idea why they have been discontinued?

cheers
bruce