Dennis Pogson

Default Dual use of Cockpit Speakers??

Steve wrote:
I have a pair of speakers in the cockpit coaming for the AM/FM radio..

I would like to figure out a way to connect the VHF external speaker
to one of these, so I can hear any calls on it in scan or monitoring
of ch16.

Both radios are below deck so I can only hear them in the cockpit on a
remote speaker..

I know I could just use a toggle switch, but would prefer to find a
way to combine both outputs so the VHF would be heard over the AM/FM
output.

Is there a simple way to do this and prevent one unit from harming the
other??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Why don't you simply connect on of these speakers to the VHF and leave the
other connected to the AM/FM radio? Please don't tell me that this would
destroy the stereo effect, there probabl;y isn't any stereo effect where
they are, in the cockpit combing

Remove "nospam" from return address.