Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default STUCK!! (no, not aground!) - OT

On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:30:56 PM UTC-4, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

Clogged arteries no doubt. I bet they put you on about 20mg of Crestor

aka rosuvastatin. That will clean them out over a period of a couple of

years. . . The stents managed to bypass the clogs in the heart arteries.

You'd probably be dead now without them.

Correct in most particulars other than it started with Lipitor and went to simvastatin. Mortality unknown as I'm still alive and kicking, and have them (stents) :{))

Some anomaly? The trouble with EKG's is there are not very many

qualified cardiologists who can read all those squiggley lines and

ascertain causality. It's mostly a crap-shoot unless you can find a

real expert.

I can't comment on the skills - but it was thought from the squiggles that I might have had an ischemia. Fortunately, no such thing showed up on the path.

No problem finding MY artery (the sticker said I could

be a model for a phlebotomy class), and, a half-hour later, I was

finished.

Big bulging veins and arteries generally indicate chronic hyperrtension.

Far from it. My BP has been, for decades, under 110 and high 60s/low 70s. Resting pulse low to mid 50s, respiration typical circa 10, +/-2...

Yet I can kick it up to 130 in about 3 minutes, and sustain 180, but 5 minutes later, it's under 70. BP at that 5 minutes is about 10 points higher in both, and respiration more like 15, but 5 more minutes and it's all back to base.

He's probably going to tell you something like you have a valve or

two that aren't in tip-top shape but, at your age, they will just have

to do as they aren't bad enough to indicate replacements and

something else will probably kill you before the leaky valves do.

Mebbe - won't know for a couple of weeks. But the personnel made it sound like it was stellar in there.

Also they will probably tell you that they detected some muscle

death in the heart itself - probably caused before you got the stents.

Not much can be done about regenerating those heart muscle cells

barring intervention with stem cell therapy and yours aren't damaged

enough to warrant invasive surgery.

Also mebbe, but unlikely, as there wasn't any such in the first, which, I agree, was very notable at 75% blockage. None this time, anywhere...

Which makes me wonder about the cleansing effect you cite - I'd not known that fillip, but if it's so, I'm pleased.

Hurry up and get her launched - you sound like a ticking time bomb

to me. LOL! Oh, and stop wasting precious Medicare dollars.

Heh. I wondered about that - I really didn't ever expect to be able to utilize Medicare, as I'm never in the country. Since I am, I'm doing all the stuff I might otherwise put off...

Meanwhile, my nervous-making period is past, and I'm free to abuse my right arm strength and endurance to whatever degree I can stand. The wound site was about a 1/8" slit on my upper wrist. If I ever need to kill myself, I'll know where to cut, now :{))

Here's a valuable tip. Start taking Co enzyme Q-10 - at least 200mg

daily. It's one of the best things for the heart and for overall energy as

it nourishes the mitochondria which are the energy producers in the

cells. Muscle cells like the heart need increased number and

efficiency of mitochondria and Co Q-10 will do that for you.

I just got back from the pharm, but forgot about this. Is this an OTC, and if so where might I find it? I already take a large handful of OTC supplements; one more won't matter...

L8R

Skip