Peter Bennett

Default SeaTalk update rate

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 01:35:38 GMT, (Larry W4CSC) wrote:

I'm still trying to get the Smart Heading Sensor compass to calibrate
itself. Currently, Lionheart is using the fast-calibrating B&G
compass sensor of the B&G Network Pilot autopilot for network compass
heading information. It calibrates much easier than the SHS, so far.
I'm going to try a different mounting position for the Raymarine
compass sensor, which after 10 turns still starts to calibrate, then
whips around out of control on every turn.....Nothing magnetic or
wiring anywhere near it....(sigh)

Open the RayMarine sensor and see what's going on inside.

I had an AutoHelm ST50 compass on a previous boat, and had a screwy
problem like that - the internal gimbals had got tangled somehow, so
the sensor was being held at some strange angle. It was easily fixed,
once I could see inside.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb (at) interchange.ubc.ca